Wednesday, August 2, 2017

Blog Take Over Post Two: Food, Rides and More with Katy

Hello again, it's me Katy with another Disney filled post for you. I hope you all enjoyed my first post here on Brittneys blog. Today I'm going to go over some of my favorite things to do when I get to the parks and a few tips I have for you as well. Enjoy!


-My number one tip I tell everyone is...use the fastpass system!! This is so important! Always keep on top of your fast passes. Know when your allowed to use your current fast pass and when you're able to get your next one! I typically grab my next fast pass on my way to use my current pass...I hope that makes sense...and I'm sorry for the excessive use of the word "pass" in this paragraph. Keep in mind that they've recently changed their system at Disneyland. All your tickets are now loaded onto your park ticket and you get to keep those little time reminders as souvenirs...which I personally really appreciate! Fast passes will make your day go by so much smoother and you will get the most out of your trip! As of late July they've also released a fastpass system called the MaxPass...this allows you to access fastpasses to both parks on your phone. This does cost an extra $10 a day and you have to be in one of the parks to use it. I've yet to try it but I hear it's pretty amazing!


-Ok, let's talk about food. This may or may not be one of my most favorite parts about Disney. I highly recommend splitting meals when you get to the parks. It's pretty expensive and the portions are usually pretty large. Disneyland is filled with so many snack options which I love more than the actual meals...so I like to stick to a small lunch/dinner, that way I can enjoy the snacks! My number one place to eat is the Plaza Inn. Not only was this Walt's favorite place to eat when he came to the park but it has the worlds best fried chicken in my opinion. I also really love the French Market Restaurant, it's quick dining with tasty/large options. Many times I will head out of the parks for meals to save money. I'll either drive to some place like In N Out or I'll head to Downtown Disney. My favorite option in DTD is hands down Earl of Sandwhich. They have a holiday sandwhich there year round that tastes like thanksgiving...it's amazing and affordable. You can walk to Downtown Disney in between the parks or for quick access, hop on the tram. If you want food but don't want an entire meal then head over to the Bengal BBQ across from Indiana Jones. They sell meat and vegetable skewers for under $5 and they are delicious. As far as snacks go there are honestly way to many to list but I'll give you a few of my favorites. The most obvious is churros. You can find them all over the parks, but I personally love the ones at downtown Disney, why?! Because they have seasonal flavors that are constantly being switched AND you can dip them in Nutella. If you head on down main street towards the castle and to your left you'll find the Jolly Holiday Cafe. They not only have great food options but they have the insanely delicious Matterhorn Macaroon... this white chocolate dipped coconut mountain treat will only put you back a couple dollars and leave you with a happy stomach! If coconut is not your thing I HIGHLY suggest making your way to the Mint Julep bar, where you can find the infamous Mickey shaped Beignets. Don't forget to shake your bag to cover every inch of dough! Honestly I could go on and on about the food at Disneyland but this paragraph is already getting long...but trust me when I say you won't be sad about anything you eat here! Also keep in mind food is constantly being added or changed in the parks. Whether it's for an event or a holiday, there's always something exciting and 
new! 




-Let's talk about rides shall we? We'll start with some of the most popular rides that aren't the easiest to get on. Peter Pan...oh how I wish you'd get a fastpass. Unfortunately PP does not have a FP so if you don't want to wait 40 mins I suggest walking very fast to this ride at rope drop. Radiator Springs Racers is one that you also want to head to right away. If you want to ride with your group I suggest getting to DCA before rope drop and once it drops get to the fastpass line because they go fairly quickly. The newest ride at DCA is Guardians of the Galaxy: Mission Breakout. This line will be long for awhile since it is new and everyone's talking about it. The fastpasses to Mission Breakout go extremely fast and the line is almost always a minimum of 60 mins...so head there first thing in the morning if this is on your list. I highly recommend taking advantage of the single rider lines. If you're not traveling with toddlers than you can get on rides fairly quick using this line. I'm talking hopping on Radiator Springs Racers sometimes in 5 minutes. You won't get to ride with your group but you won't have to wait in line forever. A lot of rides offer the option of single rider, so definitely use it! My personal favorite ride? I can't choose one...so, Big Thunder Mountain Railroad or Pirates...or Racers...ok that's three. Oops.


-One of my most recent finds at Disneyland is their walls...I know...this sounds crazy...but this is a real thing. It's all over Instagram and YouTube. All the parks have certain walls that make for great photographs. If you run a Disney Instagram or just love selfies than I highly suggest googling the most loved Disney walls! A couple of my favorites are the Small World wall and basically any wall/door in Toon Town. 




-As far as clothing in Disneyland goes I always suggest comfort over cute! Now I know we all want that adorable castle photo but your feet will regret it later. I've made the mistake of wearing cute new vans with Disney Princesses to the park only to be in awful pain by the time I reached the gate. They got thrown in a locker before I entered the park and I ended up in Old Navy flip flops for 3 days...I wasn't too smart that trip, but hey you live and learn. I personally bring a worn in pair of Nikes or Adidas as well as a pair of yoga flip flops in my backpack. Sanuk brand are my favorite, you can find them on Amazon or at the Sanuk store in downtown Disney! Also, don't forget a coat for the night time, it gets cold year round as the sun goes down when you're in Disneyland! 

-Merchandise...oh Disney Merchandise...how I love thee...but my wallet, not so much. The parks are filled with amazing souvenirs which can be a problem for me. I have a bit of a mug obsession and ok let's face it an anything Disney obsession. This can really put a dent in your wallet and make it a pain to pack for your trip home. Most of the stuff at the resorts is sold on the Disney Parks App or Disneystore.com. They have discount codes a lot of the time and Friends & Family a couple times of year so I personally suggest waiting. I know that can be hard if you travel with kids so what I like to do is head to the Target on Harbor Blvd. They have tons of Disney clothes, souvenirs, toys and even some ears...this will save you a pretty penny...and tears from your kids who want everything! You can pick up your autograph books for the kiddos here too!

Well folks I could go on for hours about Disneyland but I'll leave you with that for now! I hope you all have a magical day. 




No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...