Thursday, August 10, 2017

4 Ladies Who Decided To Go For It


Since starting this blog, opportunity has come knocking on my door. Opening up new places to see, events to attend and relationships to grow. I was just recently invited to Uplift A Woman In Business Workshop on Confidence. I had no plan on blogging about this event or taking photos. This event was for me, to hear and get insight and advice on my future endeavors from a group of ladies with similar interests. This gathering brought together bloggers, artists, small business owners, and Tacoma lovers! It really touched me, a room full of women, supporting women.  Which inspired this weeks post, I want to share a few talented ladies, that have created their own businesses and have amazing products.  




I have to start of with Daphne Podalk at Shop Mom Life Co. Daphne is a fashionista momma, so of course she would design her own line of clothes!!! Her crewnecks and shirts are buttersoft with clever phrases printed across them from Mom Life, to my new favorite Boss Babe. While shopping for yourself you can shop for your little ones too!!! Daphne's creativity and quality of fabrics keep me coming back for more!!! 


Which brings me to my next gal, this one I came across on Daphne's Instagram page for Shop Mom Life Co. she was doing a giveaway at the time partnering up with another small business owner at Harper Apothecary the owner is Lauren she is a licensed estherician. Who creates organic, natural, toners and serums with a line for everyone.  Recently turning 32 I put on my list of things to do: Start taking care of your skin. So I reached out to Lauren via Instagram and wrote her a few questions about my skin, asking her advice on what to purchase.  She responded quickly and I bought. It's been two weeks now. Not only does my skin feel amazing it looks great too.  I have probably bought one thing per week since using her Rewind Line (anti aging) to a mask, as well as some essential oil roller balls to help with sleep, energize and grounding. She is also a great source for momma and baby care! 



The next mompreneur is Jen Newland of Shop Milla And Me on Etsy. I came across her work on a Tacoma page on Facebook. Me being a fashionista I fell in love with her bags instantly.  The hardest part choosing just one. Her fabrics/textiles are thought out and the outcome is beautiful. Jen has found her passion for sewing using it as a creative outlet, a perk she gets to stay home and do it!!! When asked who inspires her, she replied Milla, my daughter.



I recently just met Ali of Happy Fox Studio Jewelry.  Not only is she very sweet and wanting to help others, She makes beautiful jewelry mostly from reclaimed materials.  I can scroll through her Instagram page all day looking at her precious items she has created. Instagram is where you will find her shop, she puts the price and you are able to purchase by commenting. I'm eyeing a couple of things right now! 


If you haven't heard of these fabulous ladies go check them out! Remember to support local! 





No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...