Wednesday, June 21, 2017

Cocktails and Trends

I'm a pretty lucky girl, Anthony is a Buyer for Selden's Home Furnishings LINK located in Fife. If you haven't been in you have to check out this local family owned furniture store that has been rooted in the PNW since 1940. It is full of beautiful pieces that I beg Anthony to bring home every other day.  He tells me -You can't always get what you want.  since meeting Anthony I have heard this sentence multiple times.



I was fortunate enough to get invited to their Cocktails and Conversation Event.  Which entailed hearing the latest design trends from The Editor and Chief of Domino Magazine Jessica Romm Perez. Domino LINK is a living with style home magazine.  Jessica Romm Perez was joined with a panel of four amazing designers.

Jill Julum- Interior Designer at Seldens
Rodger Turnbow- VP Merchandising for Bernhardt 
Cassandra LaValle- Designer at Emerald Studios as well as Seattle Blogger of Coco+Kelley LINK
Jennie Gruss- Designer of Jennie Gruss Interiors



Opening topic...Workspace, and how it should reflect/inspire you. Which I loved. My workspace  consists of a pub style table slowly being taken over by indoor plants, facing a window...this area is also known as my kitchen table. Nature inspires me, so of course I have gravitated to this area of my home.


Next up, trends in color, and it is Millennial Pink, a rosy, muted retro pink. You have seen it  in fashion, hair and design.



 Jessica Romm Perez asked the question -What color are you sick of seeing- to the panel. Anthony leaned forward and whispered in my ear as the panel and him stated GREY! Proud girlfriend moment, look at him knowing stuff!

The Shelfie was then discussed.  I laughed when I heard this term Shelfie...but then realized quickly I have liked numerous of photos with this hashtag on Instagram. Here are a few of my favorite Shelfies from Pinterest.





In closing the audience asked great questions. One that stuck with me was -How to create the perfect outdoor area for our PNW weather. With suggestions of covered areas, outdoor fireplaces and investing in your outdoor furniture, they also discussed that newer homes being built in our beautiful PNW area have plans thought out for weather withstanding outdoor patios.

I'm just trying to get Anthony to bring home a patio set.  HAHA I'm sure he is reading this thinking -You can't always get what you want.

Jessica Romm Perez, Me, Jennie Gruss, Cassandra LaValle
Look Out For The Next Postcard From The PNW

Brittney 

2 comments:

  1. Haha "shelfie"! I totally posted one about a year ago. No idea that was a thing! Awesome!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha I had no clue too!!! I love it though!!! Makes me want to jazz up my shelfs and take a shelfie!

      Delete

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...