Monday, June 26, 2017

Where Mountain Meets Sea 



The past few days have been a whirlwind. It all happened in a blink of an eye. There has been months of practicing and prepping leading up to this very weekend, Fallyn's first ballet recital.  For ten years of my life I was dedicated to ballet, I lived, breathed and dreamt about dance.  So I know the dedication Fallyn has had the past year.  She got to bask in all her glory this past Saturday and celebrate her great accomplishments she has made in ballet. Proud Mom Moment!   

Starting out in the morning we woke up early and went to Target and bought appropriate 90° weather attire...as well as a pool. HAHA Not planned but you all know what happens when you go to Target.  It got to be 10:00, we had a couple more hours till the recital, when Fallyn suggested we get Brunch - I love that this word is often used in her everyday! 



So for Around Tacoma Tuesday, let me introduce to you Montamara Kitchen located in the historic Old Town Tacoma- right down the hill from my house! I first went here a few months ago with my sisters and quickly fell in love. The dining area has about ten tables with a  bar area. The walls are decorated with hand drawn chalkboards stating their specials, cocktails, etc. My favorite part is the reclaim wood wall, which Fallyn and I sat in front of! -Great for a photo backdrop.  


Montamara -loosely translated means "Where Mountain Meets Sea" 
The food is delicious. Made fresh with local ingredients, as well as creativity. This is the place to try something new, I promise it won't disappoint.

I taught her to look at all the details...

Fallyn is a Cinnamon Roll Connoisseur, so of course she ordered:

-The House made Cinnamon roll with a side of bacon


I on the other hand,  ordered one of the specials:

The Garden of Eggden 
- two poached eggs on toasted focaccia, goat cheese, black pepper vinaigrette and olive oil. Served with fruit and potatoes


As soon as our plates hit the table, I dove right in!!! Half way through Fallyn reminded me to take a picture HAHA!

If your local in Tacoma or visiting you have to stop by and try Montamara Kitchen whether your grabbing mimosas with the girls, your morning cup of coffee, or taking your daughter out for a special brunch before her recital.



Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW

Brittney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...