Wednesday, June 14, 2017

Hey You Guys -Sloth

Keeping with the movie inspired theme this week, I take you to Astoria, Oregon for Throwback Thursday! Little under a three hour drive from Tacoma. You will arrive at the 4.1 mile Astoria-Meglar Bridge which welcomes you to Astoria, Oregon.


A perfect place to take a day trip, Astoria is a cute town full of history. My type of history: Pop Culture. Multiple movies have been filmed there. One In particular the treasure hunt classic, The Goonies. Released in 1985 -WHOOP WHOOP- the year I was born.  


Growing up The Goonies was one of mine as well as Anthony's favorite films. Of course we had to share it with Fallyn who fell in love with it immediately. In 2015, thirty years after the release, I had my heart set on going down to Astoria and taking a picture in front of the famous Goon Dock Home protrayed in the film. The house on average had anywhere from 1200-1500 visitors a day. It is located in a cute neighborhood painted with Goonies influences on every corner. 


I GOT MY PICTURE!!! - another cross off on my PNW BUCKETLIST!!!

A few weeks later the owner of the home, covered the house with blue tarps. After YEARS of welcoming fans, and even giving tours, the owners had enough, not all the visitors were respectful of the owners property. That was two years ago, the house is still not accessible to the public.  


There is still plenty for the Goonies enthusiast to checkout in Astoria. The Goondocks website -LINK- is a great resource of all things Goonies go check them out!!! 

Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW!!!

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...