Tuesday, June 13, 2017

Around Seattle Tuesday's: Wait What?!?!?


As I walked out of the parking garage downtown Seattle, I instantly saw tons of Toronto Blue Jay fans. In my head I was like, Where's the M's love. Tiffanie and I, my best friend and fellow blogger, had a conversation that went a little like this: 
Tiffanie- Where is Toronto?
Me- I don't know, I think Nebraska! 
We continue walking on the cobblestone streets of Seattle. Why was I in Seattle? HAHA If you know me, Seattle and I ... we don't mesh. Beautiful city don't get me wrong. I'm a lover of small crowds and trees!!! That is not Seattle. I ventured out this past weekend totally on my own terms and of course I asked my bestie/Seattle lover to be by my side.

Our mission:
Blog Photos
Brunch
Romy and Michele's High School Reunion: The Musical



Pikes Place covers our first mission. Tiffanie loves Pikes, much like my love for the PNW. So she was beyond excited to share this special place with me. We have been friends for a few years now. Her family has become part of my family -when you go to Disneyland with another
family you are bonded for life. Haha






She is a strong, tell it like it is woman. She also has a softer side, wanting to help others grow into the best version of themselves. I've witnessed and expieranced this rare characteristic that not all people have. Today though, she was her strong, tell it like it is self haha, running me around to her favorite photo worthy spots. Not only was she taking photos of me but I was of her. She is a fellow blogger over at The Lifestyle of TDT - LINK- check out her Instagram: thelifestyleoftdt and follow her!!!


We were about half way through our photo shoot when a couple asked if I was getting engagement photos done Bahahaha... Anthony!!! Haha we laughed, I replied -Still waiting on the ring!!! They continued to chat with us and I noticed the man was wearing a Toronto shirt. Let's just say this is how we found out Toronto is not in Nebraska haha but Canada.

We wrapped up our photo shoot and headed to brunch at Toulouse Petit. Tiffanie is the Brunch Queen. You need a recommendation you just ask her. Tiffanie has been here before, she actually took a picture of her plate and sent it to me with the comment -There is whole cloves of garlic scrambled in the eggs.  Me a lover of all things garlic I knew one day I had to go.  So with no question when the brunch conversation came up I said -The place with the cloves of garlic in the eggs!!! It did not disappoint. Alongside my Pint Mimosa...swoon, I had 
-Piquillo Pepper Scramble with Goat Cheese with arugula, garlic confit,and shallots


Highly recommended





We wrapped up brunch and headed to our final destination the 5th Avenue Theatre for Romy and Michele's High School Reunion. If your not familiar with the movie. It came out in 1997. I was 12 years old. HAHA Maybe not so appropriate for that age but I loved it. Romy quickly became my idol. I'm grateful to have found my Michele -Tiffanie- to attend this play with me. 
Of course we weren't the only people with this fantastic idea. I ran into my Aunt, who is an avid reader of Postcards From The PNW. Hi Jan!!!


As well as Christine a past student that Tiffanie and I both got the pleasure of teaching! Hi Christine!!!

The play was amazing the 80's & 90's were painted beautifully on stage through costumes and dialogue. The songs portrayed the scenes of this classic movie well! The entire time Tiffanie and I were both thinking how cool for the actresses playing the roles of Romy and Michele.

This day did not disappoint. I was full of anxiety in the morning to brace this big city. Within the first ten minutes I appreciated all it had to offer and started to relax and enjoy myself. Yet again I couldn't have done it without my bestie!!!


Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW!!!
Brittney

4 comments:

  1. Omg, hi!! So great running into you gorgeous ladies! What a perfect day- I'm obsessed with the play and want to see it again. SO cute!! Xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  2. Ah, I've been seeing advertisements all over Seattle for Romy & Michele - I MUST go! Also, that brunch spot looks legit! I need to check it out.

    ReplyDelete

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...