Sunday, July 9, 2017

It's A Small World After All


Yes, this is my favorite ride at Disneyland
No, this post has nothing to do with it HAHA

Since creating Postcards From The PNW and marketing myself on social media networks. I have made relationships with some pretty talented individuals!!! 


One in particular I want to share with you today! Katrina Lepp a former Tacoma resident, and owner of In The Rough Co. a mobile boutique -local to Colorado Springs- which offers stylish second hand pieces, whether it's fashion or for your home.


It all started with a follow on Instagram! Of course when I have a follow I check out who it is! I saw In The Rough Co. feed and knew instantly I wanted to to get in contact with them.  
I love what the brand stands for
- promoting sustainability in style through quality sourcing of secondhand materials. 


I asked Katrina the meaning of the brand...
"As it stands, there is a serious lack of education in highlighting the current conditions of global manufacturing industry and I hope to help fill the void"

This was a wake up call to me.



I need this jumpsuit!!!
Katrina's goal is to help empower others to take steps to cut down on waste in their homes, including and especially in their closets. All of her items are sourced from second hand charity shops.  Which saves unique items as well as supports the organizations who run the stores. 
Yet again local to Colorado Springs touring local pop ups/events in the area. You can also check out their Instagram Shop and Online Shop!

 In The Rough Co. also donates 3% of their sales to The Nature Conservatory  who's mission is...
- Conserving the lands and waters on which all life depends.

Which is awesome!!! I love that my future purchases are all around bettering the environment.

Knowing myself I would want to keep every treasure I found.  So I asked Katrina, What is her favorite piece she has sold so far, and is it hard to let things go? 
"A handmade vintage stained glass box with a mirror base. It was gorgeous! Some items are difficult for me to let go of but I always remind myself that the buyer will appreciate it just as much if not more than me."



With that being said In The Rough Co. is giving away a beautiful black leather backpack perfect for running around or a carrying your day trip essentials!

 -totally in trend and I want it!!!!! HAHA

One lucky Postcard From The PNW reader will receive this treasure. All you have to do is follow me on Instagram at Brit_pnw as well as InTheRoughCo once you have followed both come on back to my Instagram page and on the giveaway picture comment Done to be entered.

The winner will be announced Thursday on Instagram!!!

Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW! 
Brittney

2 comments:

  1. Love this dolce!!!! Awesome post and giveaway!!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks!!! It has has been one of my favorites!!!!

      Delete

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...