Sunday, May 21, 2017

Day Tripping Essentials 

Day Tripping is not taken lightly in our house.  We talk weeks prior to all of our journeys. Deciding where we want our foot paths to cross.  Fallyn, the night before will set up her bed in the backseat, bags packed so she's ready to hit the road first thing in the morning. We set a time frame to be out the door. Fallyn is the one shouting "It's 7:59 people, we leave at 8:00" it was funny the first time, and still is.
Me, I'm an early riser so I gather all of my essential day trip equipment the morning of. My NUMBER 1 MUST have my BACKPACK!!! HAHA I almost feel like I should name her! She has been to so many cool places. She holds all of my goodies for the day. What goes in the bag, the book I'm reading at the time -currently BEFORE I FALL, review coming soon- phone chargers, snacks, notebook and pen- for blogging purposes.
Next up HYDRO FLASKS.  Before leaving the house we will fill them with icy cold water. When we get home, if there is any left it's icy cold.  Seriously best water bottle I've ever had.

When Day Tripping I normally just throw on a HAT. It's easy and probably my fave accessory to wear on my off days. It has become an obsession.
You will see from time to time our Beautiful Beast, GABBY. We take her on as many adventures as we can.  National parks don't allow dogs so some of our day trips she will be MIA. When she does get to go she is so fun, she explores with us. Then on the ride home sleeps. She's not use to so much action.
Our adventure doesn't really begin. Until we hop in the car, turn on some Florida Georgia Line-we listen to every CD  of their's on repeat- and hit the road. For about 2 minutes HAHA where we then stop at a Starbucks and grab an important essential to any day trip, a morning COFFEE:
-triple iced espresso, 2 agave packets, splash of cream, extra ice.

Last but not least! A DISCOVERY PASS With a Discovery Pass you have access to millions of acres of State Recreation Lands in Washington. By purchasing a pass, you are helping keep Washington's beautiful outdoor sites open. 
Annual Pass 30.00
Day Use 10.00
For more information go visit

http://www.discoverpass.wa.gov/
You can purchase online or look at the State Parks Discovery Pass FREE Days
To be honest these items are nice to have. If we didn't have any of them, we would still enjoy our time together traveling the PNW.  My favorite quote best describes this.  
"Actually, the best gift you could have given her was a lifetime of adventures" - Lewis Carroll
Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW 
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...