Monday, May 29, 2017

High Tide, Low Tide - Take Me Back To Nisqually 


This Memorial weekend we decided to stay close to home and go on an adventure we have been wanting to cross off our bucket list. The Billy Frank Jr. Nisqually National Wildlife Refuge.  When I say we I mean me.  Anthony has been there before when he was younger and knew Fallyn and I would love it.


The Wildlife Refuge is a large piece of land set aside to help preserve the wildlife. No pets are allowed in the Refuge so they won't disturb the animals or land.   There is a $3.00 cash fee to enter the Wildlife Refuge.  We learned the hard way.  We only had two dollars cash with no ATM in site.  A fellow Wildlife Refuge traveler let us know there is a gas station on the corner with an ATM.  We headed back to the car hoping to scrounge up a dollar worth of change. When the same guy came up behind us with a dollar.  Thank you generous traveler, your greatly appreciated.  



So we started our journey, we were able to see geese with newborn babies, seals, crabs, fish and about a dozen blue herons.  The Wildlife was fun to see but my favorite part was the scenery. The Wildlife Refuge has created multiply flat trails, great for kids. Consisting of raised boardwalks and gravel paths. Whether the tide is high and you feel like your walking on water, or low and see the waters muddy floor, you will be in awe of the boardwalk structures they have created.





Along the path you will come across two huge white barns. Prior to becoming a Wildlife Refuge it was farmland. They decided to keep these two beautiful rare gems in rememberance of the lands history. 


 

The Wildlife Refuge is definitely a must see place in the PNW

For Memorial Day I wanted to announce my next GIVEAWAY! One lucky person will win my statement piece I never take off. My Washington Necklace!!! It is perfect for the PNW enthusiast!!!
Wednesday I will be posting a photo on Instagram on how to enter!!! Be on the look out!

Instagram:  Brit_PNW

Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW!!!

Brittney

2 comments:

  1. This place looks beautiful. I'm going to have to take my kid here!

    ReplyDelete

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...