Monday, May 15, 2017


Prost!
Welcome to Leavenworth: Part One



In the middle of the Cascade Moutain Range you will find Leavenworth. A Bavarian village, right here in Washington state. It has become my family's home away from home and I'm excited to share it with you: from where to stay, shop, and most important, the food.


Let's start with where to stay. On a whim a few years back, we booked a night at the Icicle Village Resort.  Probably the best thing we have ever done. They keep us coming back. The resort is pet friendly which is a big perk for us due to our beautiful beast Gabby. - if you bring your pet they get the cutest swag bag.  The activities are endless on the resort for kids as well as adults.  They have a small arcade room- Fallyns favorite area, Putt putt course, two pools and hot tubs, playground with a basketball court, a spa, great for a mothers day weekend trip.  (Hint hint, wink wink, Anthony) Complimentary breakfast, I'm talking eggs, sausage, waffles, potatoes, ok this list can really go on and on lets just say a SMORGASBORD (one of my favorite words that Anthony dislikes therefore I will always use it).  There is so much to do just at the resort. Now we just hit are favorite spots in town, and head back to the resort for the rest of the time.

Which brings us to Shopping!
Shopping!
Shopping!!
Shopping!!!
For those of you that know me, know I love a good shopping trip!



My have to go to store every time we visit is the Leavenworth Boutiques. Which include four stores connected to each other. Jt. Blu -this is where I found my blue leather hat, people always ask me about, Paprika, Copper Creek, and Pine Hill. At these lovely shops you will find the cutest clothes, home goods, PNW memorabilia, books and more. This is where Fallyn bought her first Hydro Flask and PNW sticker, created by Stickers Northwest! Proud Mom moment!


Another must shop while in Leavenworth is Kris Kringl. Yes you read right. A Christmas shop opened all year long. Even in the hottest non Christmas months, the shop transforms you to a cold winter day.


Snuggled right next door to Kris Kringl you will find my favorite place to eat while staying in Leavenworth. A Latin restaurant named SOUTH. Yeah, yeah I get it all the time especially from Anthony. "You are in a Bravarian Village and you want to eat Latin?"  Don't knock it till you've had it.
This dimly lit modern restaurants menu is fresh and creative.  My fave is the Three Little Pigs - sampler of pork tacos with drunken beans, cilantro lime rice and cabbage salad. Enjoy while sipping their house margarita The South Daisy.  The kids menu has a lot of great options Fallyn recommends the quesadilla with The Henry and Ella - cranberry juice, soda, 7 up.

We are currently in Leavenworth right now. Exploring more Leavenworth worthy places for me to share.  Which brings me to the conclusion of my FIRST post!!!

I wanted to end with announcing the winner of Postcards From The PNW blog launch giveaway!
The winner of a Hydro Flask and stickers by Stickers Northwest is... Crystal Coralles!!!
I will contact you on Instagram!!!
Congratulations!!!

Surprise!!! Since Stickers Northwest sent me a ton of stickers I decided to give the rest away!!! So Hillary Bryant, you will recieve a package of stickers!!!!
Postcards Fom The PNW readers I look forward to doing more giveaways!!!

Has anyone been to Leavenworth? Favorite shop, stay, place to eat? Comment below!

Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW!

Brittney

1 comment:

  1. This is making me so excited for my trip in June to Leavenworth!

    ReplyDelete

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...