Monday, May 22, 2017

Sisters and Brunch: I'm There


I grew up in Gig Harbor, WA a small town across the bridge from Tacoma. Growing up I never thought I would move away from the Harbor, but I did and I am beyond obsessed with the area I live in now. I moved to North Tacoma a few years ago and I never want to leave! The city has a lot to offer, full of character and history.
With that, I bring to you Around Tacoma Tuesdays. Giving you a tour of Tacoma with information on where to eat, shop, recreation and the most important where to get pampered. Along the way I'll show you some of my favorite spots as well as discover new places I haven't been to yet!!! 
Today's tour brings us to The Jewel Box Cafe in Point Ruston. Where I met up with two lovely ladies and a beautiful baby yesterday: My Sisters and Niece. Tiffany is my Sister In Law, with her is my Niece Lydia. Marie is my other Sister. She is my childhood best friend/neighbor for the majority of my life. She has held the sister role for a long time.
We met for brunch at The Jewel Box Cafe.  From the outside you could tell the inside was going to be full of charm. Inside they have sparkling chandeliers, the craftsmanship is beautiful, and they showcase their menu on decorated chalkboards. I was excited to try it.
Plenty of seating inside, with an upstairs area, they also have a smaller patio area, which is where we chose to sit.

Their menu consists of brunch like items: salads, crepes, and sandwiches. They have a pretty impressive coffee bar as well. I ordered the Gourmet Ham Crepe which consists of: 
-diced Black Forest ham, spinach, mushroom, cheddar cheese, pico de gallo, topped with a Dijon sauce
-caramel macchiato
Both were so delicious!!!!!
The Jewel Box Cafe has amazing ambiance, and tasty food, my one concern, I think it may have been an off day for the staff. Which I get, I'm human too, I have off days. So I'm hoping next time I visit, it's an overall 100% good experience.
Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW!
Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...