Wednesday, May 31, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Westport, Bestport


Throwback Thursday: Westport 

A couple of months ago we decided to head out to the ocean. If you haven't been to a Washington beach before, they are not your average sunny day, hot weather beach adventure. Of course it was April, not beach weather yet but still an amazing day trip location.  

A two hour drive and one stop for coffee later, we arrived at Westport.  We pulled into Westhaven State Park where we like to park, they do require a Discovery Pass, or a small fee that you can pay with a card.  The parking lot was empty, not a soul in site.  Usually the lot is packed, you will see surfers carrying their boards down the paths, kids running with kites, smoke from campfires that are neighbored by sand castles.  Not the case today.  It was deserted. It was eerily beautiful.  




Of course this adventure we brought Gabby, fur friends are allowed.  She kept me company while Fallyn and Anthony braved the icy cold water of the Pacific Ocean. While they were in the water chasing the waves or running from them, haha. gabby and I sat on the beach and watched, this is the moment it hit me I need to start documenting our travels -hence this blog.  




As soon as the water became to cold for them, we decided to explore the beach. Fallyn has been to Westport with Anthony's mom -she wrote the book on adventuring- So she was excited to show us their favorite spots to explore.  One of them being The Grand Canyon of Westport.  

We built up an appetite exploring so we headed to get some food.  Across from the marina is a row of buildings in which you can find gift shops, ice cream shops, a candy store as well as restaurants. We did stop at Granny Hazel's Candy and Gifts Shop,  before we went to lunch.  They have a bulk candy area where Fallyn and I went nuts! Anthony kept telling us, not to much.  Haha yea right! If your a licorice fan like me, they have an amazing selection. The couple that own it are very sweet. If you ever go to Westport make sure to stop by and visit,  their wonderful to chat with.  


A couple of weeks before we went to Westport I read an article on must eat places in Washington. On it was Bennetts Fish Shack! Located across from the marina amongst the row of shops, I was beyond excited to try it.  It's a smaller restaurant with indoor and outdoor seating. The menu is full of fresh caught items. Fallyn of course got the chicken strips.  Anthony and I split the fish -battered cod- and chips as well as a bowl of clam chowder. We were glad we shared they have huge portions, and probably the best French fries I have ever had.  The clam chowder was sooooooo good, we will definitely be going back to Bennetts Fish Shack for this, except next time I'm getting my own bowl. 
  If you haven't been to Westport yet add it to your PNW day trip list!!!
Make sure you head over to my Instagram to enter my Washington State Necklace Giveaway!!!
Instagram: Brit_pnw 

Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW 

Brittney

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...