Wednesday, May 24, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Staircase

The weather has been so beautiful the last few days!!!
I decided this weeks Throwback Thursday I will share with you a beautiful place that has a family friendly trail: Staircase Rapids Nature Loop Trail.  
Last April we decided to head to the Olympic Peninsula and spend our afternoon at Staircase. It's a little under a two hour drive from Tacoma, WA. The drive is beautiful it runs right along side Lake Cushman. The road is unpaved and closes from time to time due to weather conditions. So before you head out you can check on the National Park Service website. There is also a vehicle/walk in fee unless you have an Annual Pass. Pets aren't allowed since its in the National Forest. Gabby missed out. 
Staircase has multiply skill level trails. The Rapids Loop Trail is family friendly so we chose to go that route. The trail is 2.1 mile loop, along the trail you will find enormous trees reaching high into the sky, as well as giant fallen trees laying across the mossy forest floor. 
Plenty of beautiful view points of the Skokomish River, the water is a beautiful shade of blues and greens. One of my favorite spots is at the bridge. Made to look like a Mini Narrows Bridge, you get a clear view of the rapids below. 
Towards the end of the trail there is a viewpoint of The Great Bend in the river overlooking the bluff. The height made my stomach drop. Of course I was yelling at Fallyn not to get close to the ledge HAHA she was staying even further back than I was.  
Staircase was a fun trip for us.  I hope you get a chance to check it out!
Look out for the next Postcard From The PNW!!!
Brittney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...