Thursday, May 18, 2017

Throwback Thursday: Tumwater Falls

Hello Sunshine!!!

When I started this blog I was thinking about all the cool places I wanted to go, I made lists of all the towns, beaches, restaurants in far off places to bring back and tell you all! I started scrolling through my thousands of pictures on my phone and realized how am I going to share all of the cool places we have already been.  Which brings us today's post title Throwback Thursday.  Every Thursday (until I run out haha) I will be posting past adventures that are worthy places that someday I hope to return to.  
Which brings me to: Tumwater Falls Park.


Anthony and I had only been dating for a couple months, when he suggested we take our first adventure. He grew up in Olympia, WA, his mom would take him and his siblings to Tumwater Falls Park. There they would explore, climb rocks, and sneak over the fence that leads down to the river.  

When we pulled into the parking lot I wasn't sure what to expect. It looked like a normal park. In my mind I was like "Where are these waterfalls." As we got on the path I could hear them, we turned the corner and there they were.  Looking back on that moment, that's when I changed.  I had a new set of eyes on the world.  I needed to see more. Wanderlust is no joke. The Falls is open to the public and FREE!!! It has a half mile scenic loop trail along the Deschutes River.  

We set out to start the trail crossing a bridge that sits above the roaring falls. I constantly kept yelling for Fallyn to stand in the center of the bridge. Even though she had already crossed. HAHA I'm a crazy person when it comes to heights. This scenario happens, just about every trip we go on. 


There is no bad view point on this trail, it runs right along the river on both sides. You will see tons of mini water falls along the way right on the trail! 


Fallyns favorite part is at the second bridge. Yes, I yell at her to stay in the middle yet again. Across the bridge there is a path you can take, that will lead you to the bottom of the falls. You will find a 
picturesque spot to take a picture in front of the falls. Depending on the day you can get a really good photo. Much like this one.  


Or if we've had a ton of rain fall,  this spot will soak you haha and your picture will not be so good. Sorry Anthony. Haha good one of Fallyn and I though!


Back up at the top you will finish the loop. Our favorite place to go and grab some lunch after is the Bayview Thriftway right down the road. It's a small market with a delicious deli counter. You can also go before you head to the park and eat picnic style, they have tables and benches. Tumwater Falls isn't to far from us. So we go a few times a year. If your looking to get out of the house, or if you have kids and looking to get them out of the house. I highly recommend it! The scenery is breathtaking. 

Look out for the Next Postcard From The PNW

Brittney


1 comment:

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...