Tuesday, May 16, 2017

Girl, You Can Have Whatever I Like!-Review Wednesday! 

I decided to add reviews on products/companies that I have used or purchased from. Whenever I try something new that I love, I want to share it with the world!!! Of course if I love it I feel that others should love it too! Spread the love! 
With that being said let me introduce you to Blue Apron. If you haven't heard of Blue Apron they are known for their meal subscription box. A little more info than that, their chefs and farmers work together creating higher quality food that is so delicious. You will then recieve a box of goodies at their freshest, with perfectly portioned ingredients, eliminating any waste and step by step directions. 
A good 90% of the time I have my meals planned out for two weeks. The other 10% happens. This past week I realized with my busy schedule of work, taking Fallyn to school/ballet, prepping for blog launch and bugging Anthony, I hadn't planned nor grocery shopped. 
So you think I would start figuring out what we would have. Instead I went on Instagram HAHA (I'm like the dog from UP! Dug) Lucky I did I saw an ad for Blue Apron and clicked the link. The first thing that catches my eye NEW CHEFS: $30.00 off your first delivery!!!! How perfect! I signed up right away they have:

2 Person Plan 
3 recipes per week 
Price per serving $9.99

Family Plan
2 or 4 meals per week
Price per serving 8.99

I opted for the 2 Person Plan, knowing Fallyn would be at a friends one night and the other two I could share my portion. 

Once I picked the day I wanted it to arrive it showed the menu for the week. Giving six options to chose three from. They all looked good! Anthony and I settled on 

-Roasted pork and mustard pan sauce with asparagus and fingerling potatoes
- Nashville style catfish with red cabbage, apple and pecan slaw
-Tandoori-style chicken and rice with summer squash and raita


A couple days passed and this was on our porch. I was beyond excited! My favorite part is everything is labeled and individually portioned out. Making it easy...for Anthony to cook! 



We decided to have the Roasted Pork first, it was easy to cook with the step by step instructions. It was delicious. Everything tasted fresh and the best part nothing went to waste.  



The next night was an epic fail on my part. I had worked all day. Anthony had chose the Catfish for the evening and had it ready, I sat down took a bite and it was amazing.  The fish was perfect, the seasoning I want to replicate and put on everything !!! I ate the whole thing and on the last bite I realized AHHHHHHHH!!!!!!! I didn't take a picture. Blogger Fail #1.  
The next night was another long day for me. Anthony had made the last meal, the Tandoori-Style Chicken plated beautifully. He also reminded me to take a picture. He's officially a blogger's boyfriend HAHA 


The chicken was amazing. It left me wanting more!!! Great flavor, yet again a sauce I want to smother on everything I eat! I started thinking that they probably don't have a bad recipe. I won't use them every week but I will be checking their weekly meals to see what's on the menu. They do have it so you can skip weeks or if you chose to cancel, you just send an email.  
This week we are trying  Hello, Fresh I will let you know how they are!  

Has anyone used Blue Apron, what did you think? 

Brittney 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Northwest Til Death

One of my favorite things to do no matter what city I’m in is go to local boutiques/shops. I love checking out local artist/merchant mercha...